Thursday 28 June 2012

Feast of St Irenaeus


“The glory of God is a human being fully alive; 
and to be alive consists in beholding God.” 
                                            ― Saint Irenaeus






Not of this World

The Matrix woke me up
Kingdom deceiver
Asking me the question
Red or blue?
Of this world, or not?

I chose – red
I chose – not

Not
To cling to imaginary lives
Digitally created
re-mastered
In plasma
But not blood.

Not
To be an avatar
Living out on the broadband
Seeking
Virtually but not quite
Myself.

Not
To be a Warhol exhibit
Fifteen minutes in eternity
obscurity
Is not for me
I have other plans

I choose not.



wordinthehand2012







3 comments:

  1. Wow, Word, this is great! Thank you. Just right for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid - really hits the spot !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both and blessings for the feast day! +x

    ReplyDelete